Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Golf - Tuesday 9th July 2013









We had some rain overnight but not as much at the Golf Course as there was in other areas so the course was not affected very much at all and the sun came out long enough for most of us to finish our golf - just a few light sprinkles at the end which was not enough to spoil the golf day.

My playing partner was Sandy Laybutt and we had a very relaxed day with just the two of us to amble on.  We had some good highlights with Sandy winning nearest the pin with a great drive on the 8th and I parred the 1st which was a good start.

The Golf Event of the day was a Ladies Single Stableford - 5th Round of the CCWGA Brooch + Veterans in conjunction  (CCWGA Charity Day Qualifying).

We had 41 starters with one visitor - Eileen Major (USA).

RESULTS:

DIV 1 - 0 TO 22:

WINNER:  Debbie Grinham - 39 points

RUNNER UP:  Michelle Toth - 34 points

DIV 2 - 23 TO 32:

WINNER:  Jan Martin - 33 points (Hooray!)

RUNNER UP:  Rosalie Dyer - 32 points

DIV 3 - 33 TO 45:

WINNER:  Eileen Major - 35 points

RUNNER UP:  Chris Cayley - 31 points

NEAREST THE PINS:

8TH HOLE:

DIV 1:  Mary Bromwich

DIV 2:  Sandy Laybutt

DIV 3:  Not won

14TH HOLE:

DIV 1:  Not won

DIV 2: Jan Walker

DIV 3:  Not won

BALLS WENT TO:  30 points on a countback

AWCR LADIES:  73 (36 points)

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE DAY as reported to me:  I seem to have lost my notes on highlights of the day - my apologies to all.  If I find my notes I will edit this space.  Meanwhile I will tell you about my par at the 1st - done with a drive to middle fairway, followed by a shot short of the bunker, a nice pitching wedge to the hole and one putt - how good does it get!!! and then I won the day in Div 2 and also the raffle and all of this with the great company of Sandy Laybutt.   I can remember Michelle Toth had a birdie at the 1st hole and Debbie Grinham had two birdies including a gobbler.  There were a couple of other gobblers from other players but my recall is not that good that I can quote all of the highlights I heard today.  Hopefully the list will materialize  

No comments: