Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Golf - Thursday 25th November 2010





































It was a beautiful hot day with clear blue skies - just right for golf I would think & the scores today say that as well. I did not see much blue sky as I was Christmas shopping in Sydney & made my annual treck to see the Queen Victoria Building Christmas Tree. I was not disappointed. The tree was beautifully decorated with thousands of swarovski crystals and 60,000 lights. This year the base of the tree was totally covered with crystals as you can see in the attached photos. The new Westfield Shopping Centre is in action and can be accessed from Myer's Store via the overhead bridge that has now been restored. The shopping Centre leads into David Jones and all that action took me most of the day. I would not have got my feet wet if it had been raining. If you have not already done so be sure to make an effort to pay a visit to the QVB especially if you have grandchildren old enough to appreciate the magnitude of the 24 metre high tree which is once again spectacular.
**********************************************************************************
The golf Event of the day was a Ladies Single Stableford - Over the Field and we had 35 starters.
RESULTS:
WINNER: Michele Kennett - 41 points
RUNNER UP: Robin Incoll - 40 points on a countback
3RD: Maree Gledhill - 40 points on a countback
4TH: Lesley Gregory - 40 points
5TH: Norma Cubis - 39 points
BALLS WENT TO: 36 points (neat)
AWCR LADIES: 73 (36 points)
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE DAY: I was not there today to gather highlights but there is one very obvious highlight for Michelle Kennett for scored 40 points on Tuesday and 41 points today. A nice purple patch for Michele!

No comments: