Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Golf - Invitation Day - Thursday 25th March 2010






















We had a wonderful day for our "Invitation Day" at Gosford today. It was not too hot with a bit of cloud cover to keep things comfortable & the course was playing well enough for some great scores to come in as you can see by the results.
We had a very enjoyable game, my playing partners being Yvonne Wilson, Robin Incoll and our visitor Joy Reardon (Toukley). Joy played a lovely round of golf and contributed well to our score. Thanks Joy! Hope to see you at Gosford again soon.
The Event of the day was a Team Par with 1 score to count.
We had 68 starters with 23 visitors from Terrigal, Mangrove Mountain, Everglades, Tuggerah Lakes, Toukley, Asquith and Wyong.
TEAM RESULTS :
WINNERS: Susan Bourne, J. Murray (Everglades), Glennis English and Judy Shanks (Everglades) - Plus 14 on a countback
RUNNERS UP: Robyn Johnston, Fay Bailey, Rita Fealy (Tuggerah Lakes), Shirley Hines (Tuggerah Lakes) - Plus 14
THIRD: Pam Cowin, Carol Farrell, Liz Stedman (Terrigal) & Claire Hastings - Plus 12 on a countback
NEAREST THE PINS OVER THE FIELD:
14TH HOLE - 0 TO 30:
VISITOR: Judy Shanks
MEMBER: Norma Cubis
14TH HOLE - 31 TO 45:
VISITOR: Betty Flakelar
MEMBER: Val Anderson
BALL COMPETITION: plus 10 on a countback
Norma Cubis, Judy Verlander, Lynn Puiatti and K. Edwards
Christine Drakeford, J. Curren, Dawn Tromp and Wendy Stapleton
Doon Jansen, Chris Dekker, M. Wilks and S. Boundy
M. Webber, A. Baker, Helen Potter, and Maggie Minjoy
Jan Fitzgerald, Bev Adams, Annette Dunk and P. Crowe
Lea Southon, Di Beechey, Kathy Small and A. Walsh.
NO HANDICAPPING TODAY
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE DAY as reported to me: Joy Reardon from Toukley had 3 plus's and 3 squares on our card; Robin Incoll contributed 2 plus's; Kelly Edwards from Wyong had her first competition game today and was on the card about 6 times (well done Kelly); my highlight was getting 3 squares and 4 plus's on the card after I was woken from my trance by Captain Robin Incoll.
I received a complaint today about F-Troop's slackness on the course maintenance. Christine Drakeford suffered from invasion of cobwebs while she was hitting her shots out from under the trees and has requested that F-Troop get out their feather dusters and get that matter under control.
I wore my nice brand new "Gosford" shirt today. While extracting my ball from an "Out of Bounds" area near the left bunkers on the 14th I brushed up against some very dirty mangroves that were near my ball (which I did manage to salvage). Maybe some "spray & Wipe" will be necessary in that area. I will speak to our F-Troopers about these important matters.
I didn't gather any other highlights today as it was a day to socialize with our guests.

No comments: