Thursday, November 12, 2009

Golf - Thursday 12th November 2009
























































It was a great day for golf today - blue sky and sunshine & this time the storms & rain held off until early evening which was a good relief for the gardens after the strong heat of the last few days. I spent a lot of time at the gardens today with my first intention to remove the tree ferns that had struggled at the 2nd tee and replace them with bird nest ferns (donated by Julie Hazzard). The previous week I had replaced the soil around the tree ferns thinking that may have been the problem & sure enough when I turned up today there were new fronds appearing and the tree ferns were responding to the TLC. Being the case I planted the bird nest ferns in the garden next to the tree ferns in the hope that they will all grow healthily together now that the new soil and added compost has done the job. The garden got a good watering as did the elkhorns that are growing happily in the trees opposite. I also spent a lot of time watering around the gardens at the front of the clubhouse because it has been so hot. Tonight's rain will be a bonus.
My thanks to Norma Cubis for sending me some photos from the golf today as I did not play. It is good to see the members enjoying the gardens as much as I do.
The Event of the day was a Ladies Single Stableford + 2 Ball Aggregate and we had 35 starters.
RESULTS:
2 BALL AGGREGATE WINNERS: Beulah Cant and Marguerita Winer - 68 points
SINGLES RESULTS:
WINNER: Beulah Cant - 37 points
RUNNER UP: Norma Cubis - 35 points on a countback
3RD: Jan Fitzgerald - 35 points
NEAREST THE PINS:
14TH HOLE: 0 TO 30: Margaret Nichols
14TH HOLE: Second shot 31 to 45: Leanne Moore
AWCR LADIES: 73 (36 points)
BALLS WENT TO: 33 points
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE DAY as reported to me: Fran James (handicap 45) had 4/5 on the 7th.
Another highlight this week was my first official babysit yesterday (Wednesday) & thankfully I passed the test. Earlier in the day we (myself, Anne & Joel) went shopping to Erina Fair to get some "must have" toys where I was able to spoil him rotten for the whole entire day (A grandmother's privilege) - photos attached for the record.

No comments: