Saturday, October 15, 2011

Gosford Golfers in China - some photo snippets Saturday 15th October 2011




Click on the arrow above to play the video
























I have attached a few photos and a short video from our Golf Tour at Hainan Island, China.

We had a 11 day tour which included three nights at Mission Hills, Haikou playing No 3 course "The Vintage" (9 holes before we got washed out) the boys played no5 course the next day in the rain because the No 1 course "Blackstone" was closed due to heavy rain flooding the access roads. The rest of the time we spent at Sanya playing Sun Valley, Yalong Bay, Dragon Valley and Forest Valley courses.

It was the tail end of the recent typhoon so there was still a lot of wet weather around.  We were lucky enough to play in the mornings when there were only occasional light showers so we managed to get in all of our planned games at Sanya.  The afternoons and evenings were torrential rain.

Between golf we managed a to see the village of the Minority people; shopping at the Summer Mall, shopping at the Walking Street; The Pearl and Jade Factories; Deer Looking Backwards Park and the Hot Springs.

It was a fabulous trip that we all really enjoyed.  I will be updating my travel blog with more of the photos from the trip and you can view them easily checking into my travel blog by clicking on my "View my profile", arrow to the bottom of the page and select my travel blog from the list.  The Golf Courses were fantastic & I have some good photos of each of the courses we played among other things.



No comments: