Tuesday, February 2, 2010

F-Troop Monday 1st February 2010




























































































I have had a couple of weeks off of F-troop duty and I have to say how impressed I am with the work that has been done by the Troopers in my absence. I don't know what the rest of the Members think but the work accomplished over the last two weeks has been exceptional & my personal thanks go to each and every one of them for putting in such a great effort to beautify our course and keep the maintenance jobs as up to scratch as we can make them.
As you can see by the attached photos there was a lot of path repair done & some drainage work along with rough cutting and general cleanup.
Those on duty this week that I know of were Martin Gallagher, Duncan Dyer, Geoff Bridge, Warren Gray, George Foster, Bruce White and Doug Incoll. Welcome back Doug and George. All of these volunteers turned up for duty knowing that they had heavy toil in front of them with the path repairs. Thanks Troopers! You are the best!
We have a few of our regular helpers away on holidays etc over the next few weeks so we will appreciate all the help we can get to keep our projects on the move. Peter & I will be back next week & ready for the next project. If you would like to contribute then all you need to do is to meet us at the greenkeepers shed about 7.15 am or later if you can only find a few hours. There is always plenty of jobs on the project list that we need help with.
My thanks to Martin Gallagher for emailing his report & photos to me so I could update the blog.
Well done once again Troopers! See you next week.
YES! WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

No comments: