Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Golf - Tuesday 25th August 2009








































I did have reservations about playing golf today when I awoke to find our garden wall & tables had blown over in fierce winds overnight & the forecast was for more of the same. In addition to that I had awoken with a very irritated eye which was not showing any signs of improving.


Because it was Tuesday and the sun was still shining it was enough to get me to the course & once there there was nothing else to do but to play on regardless. I was frightened to look at the course damage after the high winds and was relieved to find that things were much worse at home than on the course. The wind was nothing more than nuisance value and my infected eye seemed to make me concentrate more & I finished up runner up in my division & only had one three putt all day. I have decided that an eye patch may be appropriate for my next match as I played better with one good eye. My playing partners today were Rosalie Dyer and Val Anderson. We had some good highlights along the way and had some close putts that should have gone in.


The Event of the day was a Ladies Single Stroke -WGNSW & Club Medal and we had 61 starters.


RESULTS:


DIVISION 1:


WINNER: Di Thomlinson - 71 nett


RUNNER UP: Jan Fitzgerald - 74 nett


GROSS WINNER: Di Thomlinson - 86


PUTTS: Trish Goulding


DIVISION 2:


WINNER: Kath Small - 69 nett


RUNNER UP: Jan Martin - 73 nett


GROSS WINNER: Annette Dunk - 95


PUTTS: Annette Dunk


DIVISION 3:

WINNER: Doris Morris - 70 nett on a countback

GROSS WINNER: Tania Burt - 102
PUTTS: Tania Burt
NEAREST THE PINS:
DIVISION 1:
5TH HOLE: Trish Goulding
12TH HOLE: Sandra Coyle
DIVISION 2:
8TH HOLE: Lyn Cruickshanks
14TH HOLE: Lyn Cruickshanks
DIVISION 3:
8TH HOLE: Tania Burt
14TH HOLE: Jan Walker
BALLS WENT TO : 75 nett
AWCR LADIES: 73 (73 nett)
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE DAY as reported to me: Pricilla Webster scored 3 with one putt at the 14th coming out of the bunker; Lyn Cruickshanks had two birdies on the 8th and the 14th and winning the nearest the pins; Kay Adams played a nice steady game; my highlight was only having one three putt during the match & that was while enduring an infected eye ( a patch next week will be appropriate). I am sorry I did not get around to collect more highlights today amd I am sure that there were many that we have missed out on.




No comments: