Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Golf - Wednesday 17th June 2009



















We had some very heavy rain overnight ( about 1 inch I believe) and it has continued today with on and off showers throughout the day so the course was very heavy. The course did remain open for today's play. I do not have any results to hand at this time however I understand that there were something like 17 morning players and 11 afternoon players.


LADIES CHAMPIONSHIP PLAY FOR THURSDAY 18th JULY 2009 HAS BEEN ABANDONED due to the state of the course. I received advice from Di Thomlinson tonight and I quote:


"Due to the condition of the course caused by heavy overnight rain a decision has been made to abandon play tomorrow Thursday 18th June. As per Conditions of Play 2009 the Championships will now be reduced to a 54 Hole Event. The Draw for next Tuesday 23rd June will be the same as the first round. A seeded draw for the final round will be made at the completion of play next Tuesday. The Veterans Championship will be decided over the first two rounds i.e. the rounds played on Tuesday 16th and Tuesday 23rd. "



I am personally very happy that I do not have to slog it out again through all the mud and rain tomorrow. I am still trying to properly dry out my shoes and wet weather gear from Tuesday.


To cheer you all up I have added the newest photo of our "Little Marto" (nearly one month old) in his soccer shirt that he has just grown into.

No comments: