Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Golf - Tuesday 11th June 2013











We had the most beautiful day for golf today - if all the winter days were like this we would be very happy.

My playing partners were Christine Drakeford and Narelle Medcalf and we had a fun day even though the golf scores were not wonderful. Narelle came in Runner Up in her Division and I won nearest the pin on the 8th.   I have to dob myself in today for the start to my golf day.  Having arrived and got my golf cart to the car I check listed all my needs for the day - hat & glove - Check! apple, banana & water - Check! Shoes & Socks - Check! gps, tees & golf balls - Check! I then proceeded to the Pro Shop and paid my green fees. Being still a little early for tee off  I decided to have a practice putt and drove down to the practice green, went to get out my putter & found that I had not got the golf clubs out of the car.......and that was just the start of my day!!!!!

The Golf Event of the day was a Ladies Single Stableford, 4th Round of the CCWGA Brooch and Veterans in conjunction.  

We had 71 starters.

RESULTS:

DIVISION 1- 0 TO 22:

WINNER:  Lorraine Linnert - 37 points on a countback

RUNNER UP:  Marianne Lanham - 37 points

DIVISION 2- 23 TO 32:

WINNER:  Ronda Jordon - 37 points

RUNNER UP:  Lyn Cruickshanks - 36 points on a countback

DIVISION 3- 33 TO 45:

WINNER: Margaret Nichols - 35 points

RUNNER UP:  Narelle Medcalf - 31 points

NEAREST THE PINS:

8TH HOLE:

DIV 1:  Margaret Maclachlan

DIV 2:  Jan Martin (Hooray!)

DIV 3:  Annie Brink

14TH HOLE:

DIV 1:  Fay Bailey

DIV 2:  Lyn Cruickshanks

DIV 3:  Susan Bourne

BALLS WENT TO:  32 points on a countback

AWCR LADIES: 73 (36 points)

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE DAY as reported to me:  Margaret Nichols had a gobbler on the 4th; Helen Stuart had a 4/4 on the 16th; Lyn Bates had 4/4 on the 9th; Wendy Stapleton had birdies at the 6th and the 12th; Berry Hanley enjoyed the sunshine; Dawn Tromp had a par on the 4th; Ronda Jordon had 22 points on the front 9 including 3/4 on the 8th; Faye Levenspiel played steady golf; Rosalie Dyer had a gobbler on the 9th; Mary Ellis played well according to her playing partners; Marianne Lanham thanked Scottie Cubis for his golf lessons that kicked in well today; Christine Drakeford did some exceptional Driving; Narelle Medcalf's highlights were playng with Christine Drakeford (after many washed out previous matches) and had four 3 pointers; My highlights were winning nearest the pin, two exceptional 4 pointers and two 3 pointers (pity about the rest).


No comments: