Sunday, April 23, 2017

Golf - Sunday 23rd April 2017 - REVISED


Kay Baillie - Winner of the Ladies Singles
with President Paul Scholberg


Sunday Night Presentation crowd
It was great to see so many members staying
after golf with 99 starters today


With Jan & Neville Walker at the 1st Tee


Spencer Walklate, Garry Trigg, Doreen Trigg and Tania Walklate
at the 1st Tee


We had another beautiful weather day for golf - blue sky and sunshine - just as we like it.

Our playing partners were Neville and Jan Walker and we had a very enjoyable day on the village green.  We did have some highlights the best of which were from Neville who scored a birdie on the 7th hole after a great shot onto the green near the pin for 2. 

The Golf Event of the day was a Medley Team Stableford   + a Single Stableford for Men and Women.

We had 99 starters.

RESULTS:

TEAM MEDLEY RESULTS: REVISED

WINNERS: Fraser Bates, Lyn Bates, Keith Potter and Helen Potter - 93 points

MEN'S SINGLES RESULTS:

WINNER: Keith Potter - 40 points

RUNNER UP: Garry Fitch

LADIES SINGLES RESULTS:

WINNER: Kay Bailie - 38 points

RUNNER UP: Sally Hopkins - 37 points

NEAREST THE PINS:

MEN'S 12TH HOLE: Eddie Rogers

LADIES 8TH HOLE: Helen Potter

BALLS WENT TO:

MEN: 36 points on a countback

LADIES: 34 points on a countback

DSR MEN: 69

DSR LADIES: 73

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE DAY as reported to me:  Col Matterson had 4/4 birdie on the 18th; Kathy Small was a consistent player; Cheryl Davison had an improved back 9; Lorraine Bignall played steady golf; Joyce Bosley finished; Ian Hartley had a 4 pointer on the 3rd hole; Neville Walker had a birdie on the 7th plus 3 pointers on the 1st, 13th, 14th and 15th, Jan Walker had 3 pointers on the 3rd, 6th, 8th and 14th holes; I had a 4 pointer on the 12th plus I finished with the same ball I started with.

I have been asked the question of whether or not I will be continuing with the blog now that the new reporting system is in place and results can be easily looked up on the website.

I am very impressed with the new system now that it is up and running and I agree that all the results are there in full detail and are easy to access when you know how.

My answer is I will continue with the blog for as long as I have interested readers as I feel I can add a personal touch, not to mention photos and highlights of the day as well as a simplified report on the results.   I can also include members information as required. So send me in your golfing photos and highlights as I am happy to publish them.

So the short answer is ..... yes I will continue while I have sufficient interest from members. 


No comments: