Sunday, September 18, 2022

Golf - Sunday 18th September 2022

 We were lucky enough to have a rain free day with plenty of sunshine to enjoy. The wind did come up a bit in the afternoon but we would view that as a positive to dry out the course.

Our playing partners today were Michael Cheetham and Karen Askins who were great company - Michael was our champion scoring some nice pars and close birdies. 

The Golf Event of the day was a Single Stableford for Men and Ladies + 2BBB Team Event.

RESULTS:

MENS SINGLE STABLEFORD RESULTS:

We had 30 starters with 1 visitor from Merewether.

OVER THE FIELD:

WINNER: Marcus Hams - 38 points

NEAREST THE PINS:

12TH HOLE: Dennis Cox - 370 cms

BALLS WENT TO: 32 points

MENS SR: 69

LADIES SINGLE STABLEFORD RESULTS:

We had 14 starters

OVER THE FIELD:

WINNER: Liz Robinson - 36 points

BALLS WENT TO: 34 points

WOMENS SR: 73

2BBB TEAM RESULTS:

WINNERS: Leonie Kelly and Marianne Lanham - 44 points on a countback

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE DAY as reported to me: I had no reports today but I know that Leonie Kelly and Marianne Lanham played well to win the 2BBB Team, Michael Cheetham played well with some great pars, my highlights were finishing with the same ball I started with, not having any air swings after an extended six months or so off of playing golf, so overall after having some very shabby putting I played to my expectations - so from here it is onwards and upwards. I must say it was good to have some run on the course - so I have higher expectations for next week. (please no more rain)



No comments: