Sunday, January 23, 2022

Golf - Sunday 23rd January 2022

 


Ray Buttsworth - Winner of the Men’s Singles

and Carolyn Buttsworth - Runner Up of the Ladies Singles




My old golf shoes that I chose to wear because the course was wet - that sadly were past their use by date and my replacement bargain buys from the Pro Shop.


Duck family at the 5th enjoying the current season. 


Firstly before I report on the results I need to explain my 12 points score today. Even though the scores were surprisingly low today because of the wet condition of the course I was further restricted by having the sole of one of my golf shoes disintegrate on the 1st hole - closely followed by the second shoe. This left me with a choice of going barefoot (not happening) or hanging out without playing until we finished the 9th hole. At that point a hurried purchase of a pair of Footjoy shoes at the Pro Shop for a bargain buy of $30 set me back on a good path to continue golf where I had as much trouble as everyone else.

Our playing partners today were Laurie and Denise Bentlin who were great company. Laurie parred the 13th and Denise parred the 16th which were good highlights.

The Golf Event of the day was a Single Stableford for Men and Ladies.

RESULTS:

MENS SINGLE STABLEFORD RESULTS:

We had 31 starters with 1 visitor from Concord.

OVER THE FIELD:

WINNER: Ray Buttsworth - 36 points

RUNNER UP: Peter Towle - 35 points on a countback

3RD: Col Matterson - 35 points on a countback

NEAREST THE PINS:

5TH HOLE: Michael Ostini 6.7 metres

12TH HOLE: Col Matterson - 10 metres

BALLS WENT TO: 33 points

MENS SR: 69

LADIES SINGLE STABLEFORD RESULTS:

We had 23 starters with 1 visitor from Concord.

OVER THE FIELD:

WINNER: Lyn Bates - 32 points

RUNNER UP: Carolyn Buttsworth - 30 points on a countback

NEAREST THE PINS:

5TH HOLE: Lynette Toomey - 14.1 metres

BALLS WENT TO: 29 points

WOMENS SR: 73



No comments: