Sunday, February 17, 2019

Golf - Sunday 17th February 2019


Kevin O'Brien & Lorraine Bignall - Winners of the Team Event



Mitchell Makepeace - 3rd Place - Men's Singles Event with Captain Graham Chee



Lorraine Bignall - Winner of the Ladies Singles with Captain Graham Chee




We had a great day for golf today on the Village Green - our playing partners were Col Matterson & Lynn Puiatti and we had some good highlights with Lynn playing a very nice game for 35 points and Col Matterson getting birdies on the 7th & the 15th as well as enjoying the company of Lauren Matterson for the last 9 holes as a cheer leader.

The Golf Event of the day was a Single Stableford for Men and Ladies + 2 Ball Team.

We had 60 starters with 3 visitors from Mullumbimby and Links Shell Cove.

RESULTS:

TEAM RESULTS:

WINNERS: Kevin O'Brien & Lorraine Bignall - 45 points on a countback

MEN'S SINGLES RESULTS:

WINNER: Stuart Horgan - 42 points

RUNNER UP: Bill Stafford - 41 points

3RD PLACE: Mitchell Makepeace - 40 points

LADIES SINGLES RESULTS:

WINNNER: Lorraine Bignall - 36 points

NEAREST THE PINS:

5TH HOLE: Jon Thurlby - 3.8cms

8TH HOLE: Clyde Cruickshanks - 3.5 metres

12TH HOLE: Christine Drakeford - 250 cms

14TH HOLE: Graeme Elliott - 100 cms

BALLS WENT TO:

MEN: 37 points on a countback

LADIES: 33 points

DSR MEN: 69

DSR LADIES: 72

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE DAY as reported to me: Col Matterson had birdies on the 7th and the 15th; Lynn Puiatti had 6 x 3 pointers; Lyn Cruickshanks had 4/3 at the15th; Kevin O'Brien had a birdie on the 15th and pars on the 7/8/9/10th and 11th; Lorraine Bignall turned with 20 points, had 3 pointers on all of the par 3's, and a 3 pointer on the 15th; Joyce Bosley was out on the Village Green and played a couple of holes; Spencer Walklaste finished and his highlight was following the Martin's; Melanie Forster got out of the dam on the 15th and scored 5/2; Rosalie Dyer had 5/4 on the 10th; Duncan Dyer beat Peter Martin for the $1 bet; my highlight was (with Lynn Puiatti's help) smashing the boys for the Keno Ticket and finishing with the same ball I started with,

My thanks to Lorraine Bignall for her help with the photos tonight - my apologies to Col Matterson & Lynn Puiatti that I have not been able to extract the photo from Peter's dinosaur phone of our playing partners for the day.  I will post the photo when I have had time to extract it.  Of course it was all Peter's fault that I forgot my iPhone and iPad today as he was harassing me to get out the door when we still had plenty of time to make the tee time.  I felt like I had lost a limb which explains my golf score.


No comments: